Saturday, October 1, 2016

Copyright

After thinking about the issue of copyright for a while, I’ve come to the conclusion that having my walkthroughs reposted without my permission doesn’t really bother me, but having my name removed from my work does.

For that reason, I’ve decided to make my walkthroughs available under a Creative Commons licence, meaning that you can legally repost my walkthroughs for non-commercial purposes as long as you credit me (and this blog) as the author.

That said, I would prefer it if you linked to this site rather than just copying the walkthrough and posting it elsewhere. This is for several reasons:
a) If a walkthrough is posted somewhere else, I won’t see any comments related to it and therefore won’t be aware of any errors or ways in which the walkthrough can be improved that may have been discovered.
b) I update my walkthroughs when I receive new information, or sometimes just to improve their readability. So, if you make a copy of a walkthrough it may not be as up to date as if you’d simply linked to it.
c) A number of my walkthroughs feature graphics and/or formatting that will be lost if copying and pasting to a forum or text file, making the walkthrough less user friendly.

This license does not apply to any walkthroughs hosted on this blog that were not written by me. Equally, any game text quoted for the purposes of illustration remains the property of the game’s author.

PS. This seems like a good place to mention that I respect other people's intellectual property, just like I hope they respect mine. What that means is that I won't create walkthroughs for games unless I legally have access to them.

5 comments:

  1. I post a lot of AIF games on a forum so i link to your walkthroughs all the time.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for respecting my wishes. I hope my work continues to be of use to you.

      Delete
  2. I would like you to do the walkthrough rachel part 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel Part 3 is one of Chaotic's Offsite games. I am not a member of his Offsite, so I don't have access to the game.

      Delete
  3. I run the Delron.org.uk website, on which I like to collect any reviews/walkthru's of ADRIFT games. If I have taken anything of yours without permission I apologize. I will check through and credit anything I find.

    ReplyDelete